Rounding a Corner
Teachers, parents and friends help modify a new location on Sunnyside Drive to accommodate 161 Kindergarten through 8th grade students.
The first school bus is purchased to relieve Mrs. Donat, the principal, from making two daily round trips in her own car to pick up and drop off some of the children.
A board of seven men was chosen, and filed incorporation papers on January 11, 1950. Mrs. Donat was appointed as Principal, a position she held for 10 years.